....!.....!
Facebook
RSS

A little Chipmunk's Story

-
smkhanz

After rainy day of 24 hour ,finally electricity is back , it was hard to manage out without electricity.
I was surfing internet last night i saw this little chipmunk's story about its life...................................................................


Here was Chip as I found him: curled up, cold, appearing to be dead, in the middle of a trail in the Olympics.



Over the next hour, as I held him in my hand, he warmed up and started to move. Here he is nestled in my fleece hat. He’s just a few weeks old ... eyes still closed, very immature.






What to do with a chipmunk on a 15 mile hike? Especially a chipmunk that, now warmed up, is hungry and trying to nurse.

I smashed up some nuts and dried fruit from my trail mix, mixed it with water, and fed it to the eager baby with a syringe from my first aid kit.

Needing my hands free for the hike, I found the perfect spot for Chip ... I emptied the water from my Nalgene bottle, put the fleece hat in the bottom to make a nice bed, and snuggled him inside. He had a good view of the rest of the hike, though it was a bit tinted ...






Back home, he gets his first real meal of chipmunk-appropriate formula.

In less than a week, his eyes are open!












As the days go by, he gets more and more mature.





Based on where I found him (approx. 6000 ft elevation in the Olympics), I’m guessing he’s an Olympic chipmunk (a subspecies of the yellow pine chipmunk (Tamias amoenus caurinus).

He loves pockets.




He’s eating a variety of foods now, in addition to his formula. He’s also graduated to a bigger cage, and loves running back and forth from one compartment to the other.






A few weeks later .... it’s time to expand his cage.

This is a triple decker cage, with three nest-boxes, and it’s connected via plastic tubes to more cages. Lots of room to explore!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg30spgH1H-mA-S_E20ma1ZrFYEBNTjZ9OK5zkFNb36GYOvvhjmM6IxQ-FJYDP-mR2Iwy34TQsvURc6X7fQDdMGMUj5Y8zDmlzpRnyhzE00Ch-rL1SMUFRGyStfCOflFVV0b82I8xE4iOU/s640/16.jpg">




Sitting on my shoulder, enjoying a blueberry.

He doesn’t care for the skin, so he carefully peels the skin off and just eats the pulp inside.

Sometimes he hides treasures inside my pockets ....






Leave a Reply

Loading...

About Me

smkhanz
View my complete profile

Followers

Category List

Amazing (5) ANIMAL (3) Art (3) Funny (3) Stunts (3) CHIPMUNK (2) Drawing (2) Fails (2) Famous (2) Incredible (2) Tattoos (2) Android (1) AndroidSwype (1) Crazy (1) Hand (1) Ice (1) No Where (1) Parenting (1) Pencil (1) Photographs (1) Photography (1) Road (1) STORY (1) Sculptors (1) Sculpture (1) Smkhanz (1) Social Bookmarking for Seo (1) Solus4 (1) Sports (1) Subway (1) Swedish (1) Swype (1) System (1) Tsunami (1) WVGA phone (1) amazing seo (1) center (1) deleted (1) famous seo (1) guranteed seo (1) learnseo (1) messages (1) model (1) research (1) retrieve (1) retrievedeletedtextmessages (1) seo (1) sharp stomach pain (1) sharp stomach pains (1) sharpstomachpains (1) smartphones (1) smo (1) stoamch pain (1) text (1)
Loading...

See My Followers World Wide

powered by
TickBar